Do you have a tricky teaching and learning issue you’d like to explore further?
Do you have an assessment project you’ve been meaning to get to?
Do you wish you had a personal mentor who could walk you through your assessment challenges?
You will learn the assessment basics you need to work on your own assessment project while getting guidance from a mentor and support from faculty peers from six small liberal arts colleges.
What do I need to do?
You work on an assessment project you choose. You decide how much time you are willing to devote to your project. Expect an hour or two a week in addition to the gatherings.
- Attend Feb 28-29 Kickoff in Grinnell, Iowa to learn assessment basics for your project
- Work on your assessment project
- Connect with your mentor 4 times
- Participate in virtual learning opportunities (e.g. webinars, book clubs, discussions)
- Share your assessment experience at a 2-day assessment conference in Spring 2021 in Grinnell, Iowa (highly encouraged)
How do I sign up?
Spaces are limited. Apply online at http://bit.ly/apply-assessment-project.
- Honing learning goals and outcomes
- Developing a rubric for assessment
- Improving alignment between assignments and learning outcomes
- Revising a quiz or test to more closely match your learning outcomes
- Developing a curriculum map for your department